Friday, December 9, 2022
Terry Tush | Director, Internet marketing and Communications | 405-744-2703 | [email protected]
The Spears Faculty of Organization was properly represented at the once-a-year University Awards
Convocation ceremony Dec. 8 when several faculty associates and a staff member were being recognized
for their contributions to the school’s good results.
Spears Small business staff honored were:
- Ken Eastman — Norman and Suzanne Myers Chair, Richard W. Poole Professor and dean of Spears Business enterprise
— was supplied the University Support Award, presented to a college member, a personnel member
and an administrator who have given meritorious services to the college.
- Stacy Tomas — assistant professor of specialist exercise in the University of Hospitality and Tourism
Administration — was the receiver of the Outreach Faculty Excellence Award, which involves
a $2,000 stipend. The award acknowledges college who display significant accomplishment in
the instruction of students for an prolonged variety of many years.
- Betty Simkins — Regents Professor of Finance, Williams Companies Chair in Company and head of the
Division of Finance — was recognized as a recipient of the Regents Distinguished
Investigate Award, which carries a $2,000 long lasting stipend. The award recognizes faculty
who have shown unusual, sizeable accomplishment in their industry of analysis.
- Andy Luse — associate professor in the Section of Management Science and Details Devices
— was introduced with the Regents Distinguished Instructing Award, which involves a $2,000
lasting stiped. The award acknowledges faculty who exhibit major achievement in
the instruction of students for an extended quantity of several years.
- Greg Eaton — assistant professor in the Division of Finance and Ed Keller Professorship —
was introduced the Distinguished Early Vocation Faculty Award, which incorporates a $2,000
stipend. This award recognizes college customers who had been awarded tenure in the
previous a few several years and demonstrate a strong probable for ongoing contributions to
the college and to his/her job in the space of instruction, investigate and
inventive exercise and outreach.
- Lucy Berger — educational counselor in the Chesapeake Power Business Student Achievements Middle — was
the receiver of the Advising Excellence Award.
In addition, the next Spears Business school ended up identified soon after recently
getting appointed to endowed chair and professorship positions:
- Per Bylund, Johnny D. Pope Chair in Entrepreneurship
- Lindsey Greco, William S. Spears Chair in Business enterprise Administration
- Craig Sisneros, Patrick B. Dorr Professorship
- Brij Thapa, Charles W. Lanphere Professorship in Hotel and Cafe Administration