SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (Edited News Release/KY3) – Tiny companies in Greene County may soon use for American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding.
The software method commences on Wednesday, April 20. The county will receive $56.9 million in federal ARPA resources to aid community economic restoration efforts from the COVID-19 pandemic. The Greene County Commission allocated about $8 million for small enterprise ARPA applications.
The commission plans 4 funding rounds for the future two many years with roughly $2 million offered every cycle. The initially spherical of funding will open up to little corporations in the county for six weeks, lasting till Could 31. The county ideas to open up a spherical of purposes for nonprofits at a different time.
Small firms need to supply a report demonstrating how they have utilized the grant to assistance company functions.
The eligibility requirements for ARPA funding:
• The small business should be found in Greene County, Missouri.
• The company will have to be a for-gain or family-owned company that employs 50 or less complete-time personnel, which include the owner(s).
• The organization have to not employ undocumented immigrant workers and must be enrolled in E-Confirm.
• The small business ought to have existed in Greene County, Missouri, as of March 1st, 2020.
• The company need to reveal the existence of unfavorable impacts incurred due to the COVID-19 public health and fitness emergency since March 1st, 2020.
• The business enterprise is not suspended or debarred from the use of federal money.
The subsequent are allowable makes use of for ARPA funding outlined by the U.S. Treasury Section:
• Profits Decline Mitigation – Resources may be utilized to mitigate economical hardship such as declines in revenues or impacts of intervals of business closure, for case in point, by supporting payroll and benefits costs, expenditures to keep personnel, home finance loan, lease, or utility expenditures, and other working charges.
• Amenities – Companies may well use the revenue to implement COVID-19 prevention or mitigation practices, these types of as actual physical plant modifications to enable social distancing, improved cleansing attempts, limitations or partitions, COVID-19 vaccination, screening, and so on.
Modest businesses are not able to use ARPA resources for the next expenses:
• Paying out non-small business personal debt, these types of as individual credit cards for buys not involved with the business. • Individual expenditures incorporate shopping for a new relatives car or truck or generating repairs to a household.
• Immediate financing for political routines or paying out off taxes and fines.
• Invest in of personalized objects.
• The invest in of medication, tobacco, or alcohol.
• Food and entertainment.
• Journey not associated with immediate enterprise operations.
To implement for Greene County ARPA funds, simply click on the orange “American Rescue System Act” tab on the www.greenecountymo.gov homepage. Then click on on the ARPA little business application sub-hyperlink to start registration. The Greene County ARPA crew will host a smaller company application workshop on Wednesday, April 27, at 2 p.m. to assist owners sign up and response any issues. To be part of the digital conference, use this hyperlink: https://www.gotomeet.me/GCCommissionOffice. No account generation is needed. Greene County gained an preliminary ARPA funding deposit of $28.4 million in 2021 and will acquire the remainder of the resources later on this 12 months. The county will have to devote the ARPA funds by Dec. 31, 2024. Corporations need to finish all projects by Dec. 31, 2026.
To report a correction or typo, you should e-mail [email protected]
Copyright 2022 KY3. All rights reserved.