Pursuant to Government Code Section 11148, the Legislature intends to guide tiny firms in California in complying with regulatory benchmarks built to shield the public. In addition, the Legislature intends that every company that appreciably regulates small enterprise designate at minimum one person to provide as the small company liaison with the job and duty of ombudsman for that company.
Area 11148.5 necessitates a condition company that substantially regulates little business enterprise or that substantially impacts little small business to designate at minimum one particular human being who serves as a tiny organization liaison. The agency should use current personnel and resources to accomplish the responsibilities of tiny organization liaison.
In addition, a point out agency that substantially regulates little business or that significantly impacts tiny organization is required to greatly publicize the place of little business liaison in acceptable company publications and by prominently displaying the title and contact information and facts of the compact enterprise liaison on the agency’s Net web-site if the agency has a Internet website.
An agency’s smaller enterprise liaison is liable for all of the adhering to:
- Receiving and responding to complaints acquired by the agency from compact organizations.
- Giving technological advice and aiding little firms in resolving issues and queries regarding compliance with the agency’s restrictions and suitable statutes.
- Reporting small small business fears and, if ideal, reporting tips to the agency secretary or to the company head.
- Reviewing and updating, on a semiannual foundation, content on the company World-wide-web web site that is accessible via the small enterprise backlink supplied on the Point out of California Web portal.
- Aiding the agency secretary, office director, or government officer, as relevant, in guaranteeing that the procurement and contracting processes of the relevant entity are administered in purchase to meet up with or exceed the 25 % small organization participation target, and developing and sharing modern procurement and contracting tactics from the public and non-public sectors to raise opportunities for compact organizations.
The tiny business enterprise liaison is prohibited from advocating for or versus the adoption, modification, or repeal of any regulation or intervene in any pending investigation or enforcement action.
A point out company that considerably regulates little organization or that considerably impacts compact company is needed to notify the Business office of Little Enterprise Advocate inside of the Governor’s Office environment of Business and Financial Progress and the Division of Basic Products and services of the identify and call data of the individual or people who have been selected as the agency’s smaller enterprise liaison, as nicely as an event of a vacancy in the position of tiny organization liaison, within 15 working times of the incidence of the emptiness.
Lastly, the condition agency need to designate a tiny business enterprise liaison in 3 months just after offering observe of the vacancy.