Deadline: February 28, 2023
Programs for the Rice Organization Strategy Opposition 2023 for Pupil Startups are now open. The level of competition, just completing its 22nd year, provides collegiate entrepreneurs true-earth working experience to pitch their startups, enrich their business method and study what it can take to start a effective organization.
Hosted and structured by the Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship—which is Rice University’s internationally-acknowledged initiative devoted to the aid of entrepreneurship—and Rice Small business. About 20 decades it has developed from 9 groups competing for $10,000 in prize money in 2001, to 42 groups from all-around the earth competing for extra 2 million in funds and prizes.
- Energy, Cleantech and Sustainability: (such as but not confined to): Agriculture/Agtech, Batteries & Storage, Decarbonization/Local climate Tech, Vitality Infrastructure, Oil & Gas Systems, Renewable/Alternative Energy, Recycling, New and Non-Carbon Fuels, Transportation/Electrical Vehicles, Drinking water
- Tough Tech: (like but not minimal to): State-of-the-art Production, Advanced Elements, Aerospace/Spacetech, AR & VR (augmented & digital fact), Autonomous Cars, Drones, Machine Finding out and AI (Artificial Intelligence), Quantum Computing, Robotics, Wise Sensors
- Daily life Sciences and Healthcare Answers: (such as but not constrained to): Aging/Gerontology, Biotech, Diagnostics, Digital Health, Ailment Management, Community Health, Health-related Units, Customized Medication, Pharma & Therapeutics, Avoidance
- Digital Organization: (like but not constrained to): Major Information, Blockchain, Cyber/IoT Stability, Cloud & Edge Computing, Organization Program, Fintech, Media & Promoting, SportsTech, Source Chain/Logistics, Workforce
- Client Solutions and Expert services: (which includes but not minimal to): Analytics, Consumer Web, Education/EdTech, Meals & Consume, Gaming, Cell, Particular Products, Social Effects, Subscription Solutions, Wearables & Clothes
- In whole, a lot more than $2 Million in investment and funds prizes was awarded to the teams at the 2022 Rice Company System Competitors.
- They give an rigorous, academic knowledge over the multi-working day function for university student startup founders to pitch to buyers, obtain feed-back and advance their startup. There is also considerable time specified for conversation with judges and prize sponsors, the majority of whom are from the expenditure community.
- 1 of the most significant parts of the RBPC is the mentoring element. Startups acknowledged to the opposition have the chance to engage authorities prior to, through and after the celebration. The mentoring programme assists founders make their startups stronger, much better, a lot more outfitted to fundraise and excel in the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
You are initially eligible for RBPC 2023 if your startup:
- is scholar-pushed, college student-designed and/or student-managed
- has at minimum two recent student founders or management team members, and at minimum a single of all those pupils is a current graduate diploma-looking for student
- are from a college or university or university anywhere in the environment
- has not elevated more than $250,000 in fairness funds prior to July 1, 2022
- has not created profits of more than $100,000 in any 12-month interval prior to July 1, 2022
- is trying to get funding or funds (or will be in the up coming 12 months)
- is a potentially feasible investment decision opportunity.
Only just one group member will have to have an account to utilize to the Rice Organization Strategy Competitiveness. Apps are owing by the deadline of on Tuesday, February 28, 2023 by 11:59 PM CST.